Monday, November 22, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner

Walter and I are going to BR for Thanksgiving, so we had our Memphis boys and their girlfriends over for dinner Sunday night.  I made Emeril's Jambalaya, coleslaw, and German Chocolate Cake.


Getting ready to bake a cake
One of my BR neighbors, Loy McGill, gave me the recipe for the German Chocolate Cake.  She is a terrific cook and hostess.  She had the neighborhood over for dinner for Labor Day and served this cake; Walter went into raptures and she was kind enough to send me the recipe. 

Cooling the layers

The finished product!
The kids liked everything.  The cake was awesome - thank you, Loy! - so very rich.  Jambalaya and cake leftovers went home with the boys and girls; the rest of the cake is going to Walter's office today so that we won't eat anymore. 

Look at this great centerpiece.  I bought this trough at Garden District last year.  Dotsie did a centerpiece for a luncheon and cut stuff from our yards, added fresh fruit and flowers.  I borrowed from hers and added some nandina berries.  Very fall and festive.  I'm taking the trough to BR to use for my Thanksgiving centerpiece there and will use local flora.


Before

After
  Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment