Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Food for Thought - Dancing While We Can

We have the best Commercial Appeal delivery person in the city!  Her name is Judy and she gets the paper right in front of my door every morning.  I'm an early riser, so sometimes I'm standing on the steps waiting for her and we chat for a minute.  She's an amazing person. 

She also delivers the Sunday New York Times to us.  When we go out of town, as we did for Thanksgiving, I stop the paper delivery.  We didn't buy one at the Exxon in BR this time, so no Sunday Times for Suzanne!  However, on Monday when I picked up the CA, Judy had written me a note on the blue wrapper, in black magic marker: "I saved a Times for you.  I'll bring it back by 7:30."  Is that great or what?

I got around to reading the Sunday Times this morning and wanted to share this essay with you, We Should Dance While We Can.  It's beautifully written, in fact it makes me want to read her entire memoir.  And the message is always timely.

I'm thankful that Judy saved me a paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment