Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Monday in the garden

Monday I worked ALL DAY LONG in the yard at Chase's house.  I ordered some stacking stones and they were delivered Monday morning.  I just wanted to do a little border around a Japanese maple and I asked the folks at Barden Stone how many linear feet would one of those containers do.  They weren't sure, but said maybe 40 linear feet stacked two high.  So I got one container.  It was 3200 pounds.  The border is done and you can't even tell that we used any of the stone.  I may have over-ordered. 

When we first installed the vegetable garden two years ago, we bordered it with that composite edging that you see at Home Depot and Lowe's.  Big mistake.  It flopped over, it warped, it looked horrible.  So I bit the bullet and bought the green steel stuff.  It looks so much better.

I need seven wooden pallets to build this neat three-bin compost system.  Anyone know where I can get some?  Oh, yes, the stone was delivered on a pallet, but who knows when we'll get down to it?

Needless to say, I was beat up Monday night, so I fell back on another family favorite, Szechwan Beef Stir-Fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment