Sunday, November 21, 2010

Broad Street on Saturday

After my needlepoint class yesterday, I went by Broad Street to see how the street event was coming along.  I couldn't believe all the people walking and biking and shopping and eating!  It looked like a success to me.  I ran into Jim and Lucia Gilliland (so you'll know I wasn't the only older person there!) who were bowled over by the response. 

Here's some of my handiwork from Friday's work day.  These plywood sheets covered the sewer grates in the bike lanes so that bike wheels wouldn't get caught.




And here's a picture of Emily handing out information and selling memberships to the Brooks:

















And here's a neat bike rack:



The whole thing was so neat!  What can we do in East Memphis that's hip like this?

2 comments:

  1. Would that be the same Jim Gilliland who rides for the Cirque du Velos team?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Tandy's late husband's brother.

    ReplyDelete