Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

Two reasons for this being a great day:

1.  It's raining!  The sky is gray and we've had a nice, steady, soaking rain off and on all day!  I think it's been over 60 days since we've had anything more than a little sprinkle that almost evaporated before it hit the ground.  Our grass, trees, and gardens need this rain badly.

2.  I finished my first needlepoint project in about 30 years and here it is:


Ta Da!  I'm in a needlepoint group that meets three times a month.  We all worked on this pattern, called Contemporary Bargello designed by Susan Hulme. I made a few changes to her design just for personal preference but the basic design is pretty close.  Walter asked me how many hours I put into this and I don't even want to know.  Stitching this piece was fun, fun, fun!  And I truly enjoy all the great women in the needlepoint group.  It's amazing how each of our pieces looks just a little bit different, depending on the size canvas, number of threads, color changes, etc.  Seriously, it's been 30 years since I did needlepoint and I am totally blown away by the stitches and techniques in use now.

We started a new piece on Saturday and I can say this with total confidence:  don't expect a picture of the finished project until this time next year.  It is awesome.  This piece is designed by the late Jean Hilton and it's called Scott Lee.  Here's a picture



Again, untold hours of work.  I'll be keeping this for myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment